02 Jan Correcting the Swing
You guys made 2010 an unforgettable year for me and my promise to you is that 2011 will be the year you that you got you in the best physical shape of your life. How do we do we that?
- FUN…hard grueling physical work can be fun…it’s a love/hate thing.
- Keep delivering ass kicking workouts that develop an amazing level of work capacity and that make you physically and mentally stronger.
- Start tracking data….
The first event is the PSKC Turkish Get Up Challenge I’ve laid out to the current members. The first male that does a TGU with the 106lb bell will receive 12 free sessions, the first lady who rocks a TGU with a 70 lber will win 12 sessions. Now the first person who comes to the gym and says “there’s no way I can ever do that heavy of a weight”…you know what you can do? BURPEES…so you’ll owe me 10 of them for being negative. After you recover from the tenth one..I’ll kindly ask how do you know you can’t do that much? Just because you can’t do it right now doesn’t mean if you won’t be able to do it in the future. What I want to see is a steady progression of becoming stronger….setting specific goals will help us get there. Before you can do a get up with a 106, you need to be able to do the 70 and so forth…
Also sometime in the spring we are going to put on the first ever PSKC Kettlebell Challenge. No event in the Portsmouth area truly tests both your strength and conditioning. Power lifting meets test your maximal strength and 5Ks test your endurance…but what about both? Enter the PSKC Kettlebell Challenge. We are working the details but initially some of the events we’re looking at doing are:
- Max Strict Pullups or Flexed Arm Hang for the chicks
- KB Strict Press
- 5 minute KB Snatch test (max reps of in 5 minutes)
- 1/2 mile farmers carry (run/walk a 1/2 mile carrying 2 kettlebells)
- Surprise finisher