27 Jan Wednesday
PSKC CrossFit – CrossFit
Deadlifts….oh deadlifts! Some of us love them and some of us despise them. However, we can all be sure that they are super beneficial and good for us.
1. Deadlifts are functional. Have you ever bent down to pick up something heavy, your child, grandchild, carrying groceries, etc.? The answer is YES! You deadlift every day! Deadlifts make you stronger in real life.
2. Deadlifts are a full body exercise. Deadlifts require the teamwork of several muscle groups that allow you do get more “bang for your buck” when exercising!
3. Deadlifts help you gain strength and stability.
4. Deadlifts help improve your posture. Deadlifting is a movement that using correct form is the key to success. Good form during deadlifts converts to good posture.
5. Deadlifts make you feel like a bad a**.
CrossFit’s points of performance for the deadlift:
1. Feet underneath your hips.
2. Hands outside of your hips.
3. Shoulders slightly in front of the bar.
4. Back straight/chest arched up.
5. Hips and shoulders rise at the same time.
6. Heels down.
7. Full hip extension at the top.
Enjoy! Happy deadlift day!
Deadlift (5-4-3-2-1 Work up to weight you’ll be using)
Metcon (AMRAP – Reps)
20 Minute AMRAP:
Teams of 3
A: Max Cal Ski
B: working on the couplet
5 DL (225/155) (185/135) (155/105)
*Switch on the couplet
*Rotate in the order
*Score: Cals plus reps.