24 Mar Top 3 Outdoor Fitness Spots in Portsmouth
The one place that is still open is the OUTDOORS! The best way to beat the ‘Rona blues is to get some fresh air coupled with some exercise.
Fortunately we live in an area surrounded by natural beauty and these areas are prime spots for fitness as well. Here’s our take on the top 3 outdoor fitness destinations:
The generous owners have opened up their lake and miles of trails to the public during this time. They have 3 miles of trails spanning over 78 acres centered around a fishing/swimming lake.
Park at the rest and ride and hike on up.
- Load up a backpack and ruck for 60-90 minutes along the lake and trails.
- 30:00 AMRAP – 20 pushups, 40 air squats, run a lap around the lake
This is the best hike in Scioto County. The trailhead entrance is located across from West schools on 52. It’s anywhere from a 10-20 STEEP hike but the views are totally worth it. For more information click HERE
- Great active rest/recovery workout – one trip up.
- Set the clock and see how fast you can do 3 trips up and down.
York Park aka “The Levee”
This is my personal favorite. There is no better view of the River than at York Park. There’s plenty of room for activities including a playground and flat concrete area covered by trees and shade. Not to mention the best fitness tool in Portsmouth – the levee.
- 50 x Levee Sprints for Time.
- 5 rounds for time – Run a lap around the park and do walking lunges down and back in between the concrete pillars.
These are our 3 favorites of MANY places in Scioto County. Get outside and get moving!
If there’s anything we can do to help you guys out please don’t hesitate to reach out. We are broadcasting our at home programming for FREE everyday on our Facebook page Monday – Friday at 11am. All you need is a kettlebell or dumbbell and your bodyweight.