17 Feb The Open is Upon Us
PSKC CrossFit – CrossFit
Let’s TALK push press. This is a functional movement that we perform daily whether we are throwing our kids up in the air or lifting an object overhead to put on a high shelf.
We have lots of them in the workout today. It is important that we focus on the points of performance to perform these correctly, safely, and efficiently. Here are some points of performance to focus on:
– Sit back, torso STAYS upright
– dip with your weight on your heels
– squeeze your butt coming out of the dip
– the barbell should EXPLODE off your shoulders
– focus on PUNCHING the barbell overhead (NO RE-DIPPING UNDER THE BARBELL)
– pull the barbell back down to the starting position with your elbows in FRONT of the bar creating a rack for the barbell (Re-load by pulling down to the bottom of the dip so the moment the barbell touches the shoulders, it can be exploded off and into the next rep).
This short demo video shows an athlete moving the bar efficiently.
GO BE AWESOME TODAY!
Push Press (6×2)
-work up to a heavy double
CrossFit Games Open 12.3 (AMRAP – Rounds and Reps)
18-Minute AMRAP of:
15 Box Jumps, 24″ / 20″
12 Push press, 115# / 75#
(95/65) (75/55) (barbell)