13 Jan GOALS: Where Do You Stand?
One of the great things about CrossFit is that it gives measurable, repeatable, and objective evidence of your current fitness levels. One thing we need to improve upon as a gym is the tracking of performance and achievement of goals. In order to appreciate how far you’ve come, you need to appreciate where you started. In order to do that you need to track and log your performance along with having certain goals to shoot for.
After much discussion your coaches have settled upon 3 levels and their associated standards. Each level has 10 goals that test a wide range of fitness. We are using this as a road map for you guys. Without a map you’re just wandering along aimlessly.
LEVEL 1 (BEGINNER): This is the person just starting out, with proper dedication we believe these goals can be achieved within a period of 12-18 months. Each individual goal can be accomplished within a 3 month period.
- Deadlift 1.5 BW and/or 315/225
- Squat 1.25 BW and/or 275/185
- Push Press .75BW and/or 185/115
- Rope Climb
- 500m row under 1:45/2:00
- “Karen” (150 Wall Balls) for time sub 10 minutes
- “Fran” (21-15-9) sub 7 minutes
- 5 minute KB snatch test: 75+ reps
- 1 mile run 9 minutes
- 10+ rounds of “Cindy” (20 minute AMRAP of 5 pullups, 10 pushups, 15 squats)
LEVEL II (INTERMEDIATE): Each goal can be accomplished by someone who has been CrossFitting 1-3 years with the proper dedication and motivation.
- Front Squat 1.25 BW and/or 275/185
- Deadlift 2xBW and/or 405/275
- Clean and Jerk BW and/or 225/155
- Snatch .75 BW and/or 165/120
- 1 x Muscle UP
- Fran sub 5 minutes
- KB Snatch Test 100+reps
- “Dianne” (21-15-9 HSPU & Deadlift 225/155) sub 8 minutes
- “Annie” (50-40-30-20-10 DU & situps) sub 9 minutes
- 1 mile run 7:15
LEVEL III (ADVANCED ATHLETE): These goals are for those who have been CrossFitting for 3+ years and are regional level competitors.
- Deadlift 2.5/2 X BW and/or 500/300
- Squat 2/1.5 X BW and/or 405/275
- Clean and Jerk 1.5/1.25 and/or 305/200
- Snatch 1.25/BW and/or 225/155
- 500m row 1:30/1:40
- Fran sub 3
- sub 7/8 minute 2K row
- “13.3” 12 minute AMRAP of 150 wallballs, 90 DU, 30 MuscleUps – end with minimum of 10 muscle ups
- “Helen” (3 rounds of 400m run, 21 OH swings, 12 pullups) sub 10 minutes
- 20+ rounds of Cindy
Starting this month you’ll start seeing some these tests/workouts pop up. It’s important you get in and knock them out in order to establish your baseline (see where you stand) and log your results. Roughly every 6-8 weeks you’ll have a chance to repeat the workout so you can see how far you’ve improved.
Additionally, we want every member to select one goal from the list and work your ass off until you’ve knocked it out. For example, if you’re a beginner and you haven’t got a rope climb yet, you can select that as your goal and grab a coach for help and work this during open gym times etc. Once you’ve knocked it out, then choose the next item in the beginners list. Once you’ve crossed them all off…guess what? Now it’s time to move up to Level II, rinse and repeat until you get up to Level III etc.
You’ll also notice each level builds upon one another. For example, before you deadlift 500, you need to deadlift 315, etc.
This week we’ll have this list printed out for you guys to use and keep at the gym. Eventually we’ll move to an online format where you can log your results there. But for now, pick your first goal and get to work. You now have the map, select your first objective and MOVE OUT!